The test of a successful innovation in Cafcass it that is makes a difference to the children we work with, that it makes a difference to the family court process for all concerned or that it strengthens the systems within Cafcass that need to operate like clockwork if we are to provide a consistent and reliable service to the 115,000 children a year referred to us by courts.
Innovating is everyone’s business. Every service user, every member of staff and every family justice system professional can see a better way of doing things. This is not a negative point; it is just that every way of working can be continuously improved. For Cafcass, we need to make sure that ideas about innovation are expressed, heard, understood and followed up.
Your Ideas Here
This is why we are launching Your Idea Here: an open access network providing the means for anyone interested in how we operate and how we can keep on improving to share their views and ideas around innovation. Ideas for innovation can be big or small; each can make a difference.
Inovations already underway
- Speeding up the time it takes us to produce and file reports in private law cases
- Considering whether a model of restorative family justice can resolve disputes safely and quickly by restoring relationships between estranged family members where communication has broken down
- Planning our role and contribution to the any future models of the family court, including greater access online
- Working out the best possible outcome measures of our work including the impact, good or bad, on children and their families
- Supporting co-production of work between ourselves and those who use our services, for example, by building a facility for children and families to track their own case and provide more accessible and flexible means to input into it than they can in fixed meetings with us