Putting children and young people first in the family courts


Finding more help

Are you looking for additonal support or information? Here are some organisations outside of Cafcass that you may find it helpful to contact:

Organisations for childrenGovernment sites |  Organisations for parents  | Legal rights and advice | Family mediation services | Adoption services | Internet safety | Research | Professional associations | Cafcass equivalents in other countries


 Organisations for children  

Child Line Children’s charity and help line
Action for Children  Help and advice for children and adults
NSPCC  Information on child protection issues
Barnardo’s  Charity working with children
National Youth Advocacy Service  Help with legal issues for young people
Children's Commissioner Promoting the views and best interests of children and young people in England



 Government sites

Ministry of Justice Advice and information on the family justice system
Department of Health  Information on health related issues and adult soical care
Directgov Access to all government sites
Department for Education Information about children and families, young people, parents, education and skills
Info4Local Information on Local Government

The organisation that is in charge of all Cafcass inspections



 Organisations for parents

Family Lives Support for parents and children
National Association of Child Contact Centres Information about contact centres
Gingerbread Support for lone parents
Natural Parents Network Support for parents in adoption

Advice about relationships

Relate's Parenting Troubled Teenagers

Advice and free online counselling for parents concerned about their teenagers getting into serious trouble

Grandparents Association Support for grandparents
Family Rights Group Advice and support for families whose children are involved with social services. Family Rights Group also has advice for women experiencing domestic violence when social services are involved in their family.
Families Need Fathers Information and support for parents of either sex
Fatherhood Institute The National Information Centre on Fatherhood
NFPI - National Family and Parenting Institute

Support for parents


Non-judgemental emotional support for all mothers living apart from their children

Maypole Maypole supports women before, during and after separation and divorce
UK Deed Poll

Information about parental responsibility

Deed Poll Office

Further information about parental responsibility

British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy

Provides information about counselling and psychotherapy

The Association for Shared Parenting

Provides support for parents after separation or divorce  

Life Coach Directory

A support network of UK life coaches

Divorce Support Group Offers expert, one-to-one support or support in small groups for men and women coping with the pain of separation or divorce.
Marriage Care Relationship counselling and support
Children's Social Work Matters Information about children's social work in Yorkshire and Humber




 Legal rights and advice

Resolution Advice on finding a solicitor
Legal Services Commission Information on legal matters and help with legal costs
Children’s Rights Alliance Human rights for children
Child Rights Information Network Children’s rights
The Law Society Advice on the law, and help with obtaining a solicitor
Coram Children’s Legal Centre Advice on child and family law



 Family mediation services  

Ministry of Justice

The Ministry of Justice website has a directory of accredited mediation providers in your area



 Adoption services

British Association of Adoption and Fostering Help and advice about adoption
After Adoption Information about adoption
Adoption Contact Register Information about contact between people who have been adopted and their birth relatives


Internet safety

ThinkUKnow for Parents                            Internet safety information for parents        
ThinkUKnow Internet safety tips for young people
NSPCC Online Safety Internet safety information for parents        



Joseph Rowntree Foundation Independent social policy research and development charity
Thomas Coram Research Unit Carries out research related to children and young people in and outside their families
Social Care Institute for Excellence Information about good practice in adults’ and children’s social care



Professional associations

NAGALRO The professional association for children’s guardians and children and family reporters
NAPO The trade union for family court and probation staff
UNISON The public service union
PCS The public and commercial services union



Cafcass equivalents in other countries

Northern Ireland


Republic of Ireland




Cafcass is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. Cafcass cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over the availability of linked pages.


| Home Page | News | |